“Do, or do not. There is no try.” – Yoda
Following an excellent exchange on a previous blog (The Lonely CFO) in a LinkedIn Group Discussion, the concept of the Jedi CFO was brought up by Joseph Duran.
And it got me thinking…
People who deal with the CFO (see Road Map to Successful CFO Relationships) expect the CFO to have Jedi-like qualities.
Let’s see if the Jedi Code applies to CFOs.
- Jedi are the guardians of the galaxy.
- Jedi use their powers to defend and protect, never to attack others.
- Jedi respect all life in any form.
- Jedi serve others rather than ruling over them for the good of the galaxy.
- Jedi seek to improve themselves through knowledge and training.
Replace “Jedi” with “CFO” and “galaxy” with “organization” and you too can be a Jedi.
Do you want to be a Jedi CFO? Coaching can help.