If you have been following my blog for the past year, you know that I have been working on a book aimed at helping the Chief Financial Officer become more successful in their career and at their employer.
Many of you have been extremely supportive as I journeyed from decision to write the book through its completion.
Today, is the day I, and many of you, have been waiting for.
Today, Monday March 17th, is the date that my new book is available in stores across the United States. Guide to CFO Success: Leadership Strategies for Corporate Financial Professionals, available in hardcover and e-book, is published by Wiley & Sons.
(Guide to CFO Success will be available in Canada on March 31, the United Kingdom and the rest of the world on April 9)
Moving beyond the technical acumen required for the job, Guide to CFO Success: Leadership Strategies for Corporate Financial Professionals teaches chief financial officers the specific leadership skills they need to contribute positively to an organization while also maintaining an awareness of their role in a global economy.
It discusses not only how to build and navigate a successful career path, but also how to effectively build teams and manage relationships.
This book teaches current and aspiring CFOs to:
• Recognize the non-technical skills they need to become a thriving leader
• Plan a winning career roadmap while avoiding occupational dangers
• Transition effectively to a new CFO role or organization
• Properly manage all internal and external business relationships
• Build and develop a winning finance team, including succession planning
With numerous real-world examples of successful and not-so-successful CFO relationship management strategies, Guide to CFO Success is the only book on the market dedicated exclusively to the leadership management skills of the CFO.
How you can help make this book a success
Whether you prefer to read the book in hardcover or on Kindle, here are some steps you can take to make Guide to CFO Success a success:
1) Read the book – Your feedback is very important to me. You may love the book, or you may not. Either way, what you have to say is very much appreciated.
2) Recommend the book – You have people you know that would appreciate the advice and guidance in the book. This is a perfect opportunity for you to continue to build your personal brand and add value to your network. You can make your recommendations in person, by email or via social media platforms.
I advise that you recommend the book once you’ve read it, as you will be able to add your own spin based on your own experience and perspective.
3) Review the book on Amazon – Once you have read the book, writing a review of the book on Amazon is very valuable. Reviews on Amazon are key to driving online sales and recommendations. I would greatly appreciate if you were to write a review on Amazon.
4) Gift it to your favorite CFO – You may want to give this book as a gift to someone that has been influential to your success or that can benefit from the advice and strategies discussed in the book.
5) Recommend me as a speaker – I am currently scheduled to speak this spring at conferences in Toronto, Washington, DC, New York and Baltimore. The more conferences I speak at, the more opportunity I will have to talk to current and future CFOs about their success.
However you decide to assist in making this book a success, I appreciate it.
Thank you for your continued support!