It may not surprise you that I truly enjoy speaking with CFOs.
This November, I sat down with members of my CFO Peer Group for our one day in-person meeting in Chicago.
I am always impressed, that my CFOs, who are busy busy people, take a full day out of their schedules to sit down and talk with each other about the challenges they face and opportunities before them.
Some of the things they said were brilliant. I jotted them down to share with you.
- “It’s easy to default on being busy all the time”
- “We need to Uber ourselves before we get Kodak’d”
- “Financing is more available, but funders now have tight requirements and short cycles”
- “There is complexity in simplicity”
- “ADD is deadly to the organization”
- “Glassdoor is the best thing that happened to us”
- “It’s tough dealing with a CEO that has ‘AAD – Attention Abundance Disorder’”
- “I don’t look good in Orange”
Which of these quotes speaks most to you?
My CFOs are very smart people and I love learning from them and helping them become more successful.
You can learn more about our CFO Peer Groups by reading the following links:
If you are interested in becoming part of a select group of Chief Financial Officers in 2017, reach out to me and we can schedule a time to talk.