I was recently interviewed by Jack Sweeney for his podcast series called CFO Thought Leader. This was the fourth time I was interviewed by Sweeney, and I enjoyed our conversation once again. I believe you will find the conversation interesting and relevant.
Here are some of the questions addressed in this podcast. (You can listen via the Youtube window on this page, you can download the file or find the iTunes link below)
- How involved is the Board when hiring a CFO?
- How can a CFO hire go wrong?
- How can a CFO going through a hiring process work through the CEO/Board dynamics?
- What advice do you offer CFO candidates before their first interview?
- If a CFO hire is going to happen, what is the time frame to make it happen?
- How do you help CFOs with executive coaching?
- What advice would you give a CEO trying to evaluate a CFO candidate?
- What part do part-time CFOs play in the market today?
- When is the right time for a company to hire their first real CFO?
- Who engages an executive search firm for a CFO hire?
- What advice do you have for senior finance executives that want to build relationships outside their business?
If any of these topics are of interest to you, you will find this podcast to be worth listening to. (29 minutes)
Which comments resonate most with you? Let me know what you think below, or email me.